Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dreaming?

"To Breathe is to Survive;
          To Dream is to Live."


          Dreaming in life is something I have a hard time processing. I'm drawn to all the motivating quotes about achieving your dreams and 'shooting for the stars' and doing something great with your life, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the whole concept of making all your dreams come true. It appears that dreams are analogous to the deepest desires of a person; the deepest desires of a person are generally the natural selfish tendencies that accompany being a sinful human. Therefore, wouldn't making all your dreams come true be a selfish act...? Now I know that not all dreams are of selfish basis and most Christians, when asked the daring question, would state that following the will of God is their dream, but I'm not sure my definition of "dreams" parallels God's plan for my life. My prayer is that eventually my dreams will become worshiping Christ with my life in every way possible, but to be honest I'm not sure I'm there yet.

"Open my eyes to see the destiny before me,
  In a light guided by your wise understanding;
  Honestly preparing me for the daring tasks approaching,
  Powerfully preparing me to face the unimaginable."

No comments:

Post a Comment