Saturday, September 22, 2012

Early Riser

          So in the whole scheme of college I have become accustomed to waking up 20 minutes before class and rushing every morning to get ready, eat breakfast, and make it to class on time. I miss the days in high school when I would wake up 2 hours before school just to have time in the morning... Those mornings were so peaceful and refreshing; they made me feel as though I was taking advantage of 'extra time' because no one else was up (or at least it felt as though no one was up). The house was dark and quiet, itself sleeping in a way. I would creep down the stairs and avoid turning on lights until it was absolutely necessary. No agenda to dictate how I spent those 2 hours, nobody watching to judge my 'laziness', and no distractions to deter me from enjoying a relaxing morning at home. Well I'm taking a chance to relive that this morning. Up 2 hours before anyone else, it has been nice to enjoy the peace that comes with early rising. Hallway, empty; lounge, empty; bathroom, empty; courtyard, empty. I LOVE IT! Now on to eat my breakfast in peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment