Friday, September 21, 2012

'Radical' Thoughts

          I read the book Radical by David Platt a couple years ago and it rocked my world in so many different ways! Such a challenging book which brought to light so much truth that I had suppressed in order to keep my comfortable lifestyle. Well, I ran across a couple videos tonight that David Platt had put out and they brought me to look up some quotes from his book. Here are a couple of my favorites:

     - "We waste our lives living out a Christian spin of the American Dream"

     - "But then I realize there is never going to be a day when I stand before God and looks at me and says, 'I wish you would've kept more for yourself.' I'm confident God will take care of me."

     - "We are settling for a Christianity that revolves around catering to ourselves when the central message of Christianity is actually about abandoning ourselves."


          My prayer is that I will radically pursue a relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ and that I will live a life of obedience to His calling! NO MORE COMFORT and NO MORE CONTENTMENT with this lukewarm life! May His glory be presented in my life and show people how amazing God can truly be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment