Saturday, September 22, 2012

An Excursion into the Realm of Poetry

"Mindless living,
          Careless conversation,
                    Inattentive relationship,
                              And thoughtless prayer,
                                         Equals
                                                                         Heartless Worship..."



"Your grasp onto my heart,
  Will never let me down.
  Though my sin breaks us apart,
  You will always be around.

  I stumble countless times,
  Sometimes monthly, weekly, daily.
  But your grace covers over mine,
  And you never fail to save me.

  My heart weeps in worship to You,
  May my sorrow bring a smile.
  For it's clear the things I've said are true,
  Yet serving You is worthwhile."




"I feel lost.
  A ship without a sailor;
  Cast into the sea with its many torments.
  Moments of peaceful bliss prevent me from
  Throwing myself overboard in emotional disarray.

  I feel broken.
  A prized possession whose flaws are made known;
  Flaws once concealed in the dark.
  Heartfelt acts of kindness and complete devotion
  Aren't enough to polish off the cracks.

  I feel alone.
  A childhood blanket abandoned for an XBox 360;
  Picked up and used when convenient.
  The days of uncontested friendship
  Are forever lost in the past.

  I am loved.
  A lamb lost in the pasture of selfishness;
  Devotedly searched for by the Good Shepherd himself.
  Perfect love displayed by a Father
  Who will never leave me nor forsake me."




"My God waits for me,
  With open arms He waits;
  Hungry for my affection and obedience,
  Longing for a chance at romance."




Now for a few Haikus:

          Straight Obedience
  Calling me to so much more
          Glorifying Praise


          Lost in thought again
     Pondering questions of life
          Answers never found


          Details overlooked
 Busyness leaves this world blind
          Shadows overwhelm


          Simple act of love
          Sacrifice doth validate
          Pride shall prove you false

No comments:

Post a Comment